The QMNC Senior Research Manager will support the QMNC Research Alliance (https://www.qmnc.org) and community, with the goal of facilitating the QMNC research agenda and developing research capacity across the alliance. This position supports the following cross cutting priority of the QMNC Strategic Plan:
Expanding Research – catalyze the conduct, translation, and implementation of research that meets the needs and preferences of women, infants, and all the families.”
This crosscutting priority provides a base from which the alliance can provide support and guidance to members, whether individuals or organizations, as they seek to conduct research on maternal and newborn care by keeping the research community up to date on improvements in maternal and newborn care. Further, it will assist in the promotion and dissemination of that research to inform the application of research findings using social media and multimedia platforms.
Requirements: PhD (or similar research doctorate) with established research publications, funding, and mentoring history. Able to write and edit in English.
- Identify shared needs of perinatal health researchers, including emerging and senior researchers, across the six WHO regions
- Provide high level support to the postdoctoral fellows and project team
- Consult with alliance members about study design, feasibility, methods, community engagement, data
analysis, and knowledge mobilization
- Support with creation of research plans, including budgets, staffing, ethics, and research logistics
- Scientific review of funding applications
- Editorial and scientific review and mentoring trainees through the publication process
|Reports to: QMNC steering committee co-leads
Hours/Salary: 10 hours/week for 48 weeks US $25,000
Support QMNC research fellows and teams to produce:
Please email CV and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org